Mr. Ashok Sarma (Coordinator)
Mr. Prakash Jyoti Pradhan
Ms. Himadri Chowdhury
Mrs. Jyotimoee Baruah
Parent-Teacher Cell (PTC) is a formal organization consisting of parents, teachers and staff that is intended to facilitate parental participation in a College. The goal of this cell is to conduct Parent teacher meetings and extra-curricular activities from time to time and to promote institutional goodwill. Further, the objectives of the cell is also to support their college, encourage parents’ involvement, support teachers and to derive maximum benefit from the Teaching-Learning process .
To make every student's potential a reality.
The purpose of the AIMT , Parent-Teacher Cell (PTC) is to promote and support the education and welfare of the students and to strengthen the relationship between home and institution by facilitating communication and encouraging cooperation among parents, teachers, administrators and the community.
What PTC stands for
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
The aims and objects of the Association will be:
• To foster and promote cordial relationship among the parents, teachers and students of the college/department.
• To create a keen interest for smooth working and the progress of the college and to maintain good discipline and high academic standards.
• Guide parents’ to participate in various developmental activities of the college.
• To render all possible assistance for smooth working of the college and for maintaining good discipline in the campus.
• Build up a strong rapport between the parents, teachers and others associated with the college so they both work together for the growth and development of the ward/student.
• To raise funds for specific cause, both charitable and educational.
• To get the feedback from the parents about the education process.
To help the parents to understand the college programs by visiting the college and observing their children.
To arrange frequent general meetings where parent teacher consultation are possible in a group as well as individually.
To prepare program which can increase cooperation between college and community and can create better mutual understanding between parents and teachers.
To provide various opportunities to parents and teachers to meet and discuss problems of their children.
To arrange social get-together and programs of recreation for parents and teachers along with students.
Organise Annual College Day wherein parents get an opportunity to see the hidden talents of their child.
This Association will be purely educational, non-commercial, and non-political, It will not seek to interfere in the administrative matters of the college. There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of Secretary, General Secretary, Treasurer and some members according to the strength of the departments. They will be elected annually out of parents and teachers.
The parents/guardians of all the students on the rolls of the college during a year shall be eligible to be members of the Association. All the parents and the teachers shall become members by paying the membership fee. Other interested members in the community may also become members of the Association by the consent of the Executive Body
CONSTITUTION OF THE PARENT TEACHER CELL, AIMT
The General Parent Teacher meet shall be conducted annually. At this meeting an executive committee will be formed for proper functioning of the Executive body. The PTC will consist of a secretary, Gen. Secretary and ordinary committee members. These ordinary members include at least one, and often two, parents from each class as 'class representatives’. When a student is removed from the rolls of the College the parent/guardian of the student shall therefore cease to be members of the committee.
REGULATIONS FOR UNIFORM AND IDENTITY CARD:
· Students are required to be dressed up in their uniform neatly and decently in the college campus. Without uniform no students is permitted inside the campus.
· Students should not wear T-Shirts, Jeans ,Dress with photo Prints and unwanted slogans.
· Boys-Students have to follow dress code(Full hand White Shirts buttoned at wrists tucked inside the formal trouser with black leather belt, black leather shoes, LONG HAIR & EAR RING are strictly prohibited.)
· Girls-Students have to follow dress code (Whit Shirt and formal trouser with black leather shoes.)
· During biotech laboratory class students should wear their apron.
· Every student is given an Identity Card, which he/she must bring to the college every day. This card must be produced as and when required. Disciplinary action may be taken failure to do so. If the Identity Card is lost a duplicate must be obtained on payment of Rupees 200.00
REGULATIONS FOR CLEANNESS:
· Students should use dustbins for throwing any unwanted materials.
· Writing on walls, furniture, drawing on tables and bathrooms is strictly prohibited.
· Students must handle college property with care.
· Playing Holi and Celebrating Diwali inside the college premises is strictly prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken against any student found guilty of violating this rule.
· Smoking and Chewing Pan, Gutkha, Chewing Gum is not permitted in the college campus.
· Use of mobile is not permitted in college premises.
· Silence must be observed strictly in the college campus.
1. Two Departmental Parent-Teacher Meeting each semester with the concerned mentors.
2. One General Meeting at the end of the year(November’15).
3. Election of the new committee.
4. Election of parent representatives.
5. PTC Annual Newsletter to be published(April’16).