Mr. Pankaj Brahma (Coordinator)
Ms. Namita Rabha
To make available the books, journals, publications etc. and maintaining on effective and efficient procedure system.
To establish an integrated and comprehensive knowledge Centre in the form of library and to inculcate reading habit among the readers.
§ To provide and deliver information services to the user community.
§ Support and enhance teaching and learning processes by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources and services.
§ Using library and information technology innovatively and appropriately
§ To ensure smooth functioning of the University.
§ To formulate library policies.
§ To identify infrastructures needs of the library.
§ To ensure adequate cleanliness of library.
§ To maintain proper timings of the library as convenient of the readers.
§ To develop and maintain an effective and efficient management information system.
§ To generate an appropriate feedback .
§ Identify and Procurements of all books, journals, e-journals, publications and study material relevant to overall development of readers.
§ Proper layout of the libraries.
§ Formulate rules and regulation of library.
§ Smooth functioning of the library.
§ Proper labelling of the library stack.
§ Proper records and reports keeping.
§ Generate and maintain feedback from the visitors and readers.
§ Quarterly audit of library including documents, reports and records by library advisory cell.
§ The Cell members should meet at least two times in an academic year.
1. To set an environment for more productive teaching-learning process.
2. To maintain user oriented policies and programmes.
3. All books, Journals, e-journals should be kept in alphanumeric order.
4. Regularly cleanliness of libraries.
5. Readers borrowing books from the library must be a registered member with valid registration number.
6. Borrower can’t retain the books borrowed for more than 7 days for student and 15 days for faculty/staff.
7. Regarding of all transaction should be updated daily on software.
8. The timing of the library to be from 9AM to 5:30PM and from 12PM to 1PM lunch break.
9. Feedback/comments register to be maintained in the library.
1. Smoking and Chewing Pan,Gutkha,Chewing Gum is not permitted in the Library.
2. Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library.
3. Use of mobiles and telephones are not permitted in library premises.
4. No bag, Umbrellas, parcels etc. except exercise books and plain sheets of papers may be brought into the library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the library for the student to keep their.
5. On leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library
6. Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables .
7. Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
8. The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises, if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
9. The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
10. Library card will be issued to all the students of AIMT by the Librarian. If the Library borrower's Card is lost, the student shall inform the librarian immediately.
11. A student with a membership Library card is entitle to draw books from the Library and is responsible for the books so taken.
12. Strict discipline has to be maintained and silence to be observed in the library.
1.Only AIMT & AIMS students and staff members can borrow library materials.
2.A member can borrow two standard loan items for one week.
3.All members must produce their membership card when borrowing stock.
4.No books or library materials may be brought out of the library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
5. Journals and magazines are not issued.
6. Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
7. If a member incurs fines, all borrowing rights will be suspended until fees are paid.
8. Items can only be renewed twice by the borrower.
9. Membership must report lost or damaged items immediately.
10. Membership will pay replacement costs for damaged or lost items.
11. The normal loan period for books is one week.
12. All borrowers must settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to borrow again.
13.If borrowers require specific book, can be reserve the concern book by librarian consent.
14.Members must leave the library by closing time unless authorized to remain.
1. Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the librarian.
2. Failure to return book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence.
3.The library will endeavour to send overdue notices.
A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book @ Rs. 10 per day book.
Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the materials is lost, an immediate report should be made to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the latest edition. If the books is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
i. Do not use computers to the following:
Playing music, video
Social networking site, chatting etc.\
ii. Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer. This is only a preserve of the librarian
iii. If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it, kindly report to the IT in-charge
iv. You are allowed to use computer for a time allocated by the librarian. If needed you are asked to give opportunity to use computer to others.
v. Do not send jobs for printing.
vi. Nobody is allowed to alter set-up or configuration on any of the computers in the library.
vii. Internet should be used appropriately, as this is a disciplinary issue.
Members wishing to use library’s IT facility must abide the relevant IT policies.
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Failure to observe the