Mr. Pankaj Brahma (Coordinator)
Ms. Namita Rabha
To make availability of books, journals, publications etc. and maintain an effective and efficient library system.
To establish an integrated and comprehensive Knowledge Centre in the form of library and to inculcate reading habit among the readers.
1. To provide and deliver information services to the user community.
2. To support and enhance teaching and learning process by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources and services.
3. To use information technology innovatively and appropriately
4. To maintain proper reading environment inside library.
5. To formulate library policies.
6. To identify infrastructure needs of the library.
7. To ensure adequate cleanliness of library.
8. To maintain proper timing of the library as convenient to the readers.
9. To receive feedbacks & suggestions from the users for the development of library.
1. Selection and procurement of books, journals, magazines, and study materials relevant to overall development of the readers.
2. Maintain proper layout of the libraries.
3. Formulate rules and regulation of library
4. Proper labelling of the library stack.
5. Proper records and reports keeping.
6. Half yearly audit of library including documents, reports and records by library advisory cell.
7. The Cell members should meet at least two times in an academic year.
8. Intimation of seminar/conference/workshop to the concerned department.
9. Circulation details should be updated in the library database
1. The timing of the library to be from 9AM to 5:30PM on all working days (1PM to 1:30PM lunch break).
2. Only the students, faculties and staffs of AIMT are allowed to issue books from library.
3. Students/faculties/staffs must take library membership to issue books.
1. A student can borrow two books for one week and faculty six books for 15 days.
2. All members must submit their membership card while borrowing book.
3. No book or library material can be taken out of the library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
4. Journals and magazines are not issued.
5. Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
6. If a member incurs fines, all borrowing rights will be suspended until fines are paid.
7. Items can only be renewed twice by the borrower.
8. Members must report about the loss or damage of books immediately.
9. Students must settle any overdue fines before they are permitted to borrow again.
10. If borrowers require specific book, he/she can reserve the concern book by librarians’ consent. Members must leave the library by closing time unless authorized to remain.
1. Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the librarian.
2. Failure to return book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence.
3. The library will endeavor to send overdue notices.
Late fine @ Rs. 10 per day will imposed on failure to return book on due date.
Borrowers will be held responsible for materials taken out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the librarian to replace it. All books replaced must be of the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series, they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
1. Do not use computers to the following: Playing games,Playing music, video ,Social networking site, chatting etc.
2. Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer. This is only a preserve of the librarian.
3. If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it, kindly report to the librarian.
4. You are allowed to use computer for a time allocated by the librarian.
5. Printing is not allowed.
6. Nobody is allowed to alter set-up or configuration on any of the computers in the library.
7. Internet should be used appropriately, as this is a disciplinary issue.
1. Smoking and Chewing Pan, Gutkha, Chewing Gum is not permitted in the Library.
2. Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library.
3. Use of mobiles and telephones are not permitted in library premises.
4. Readers are not allowed to bring bags, umbrellas, parcels etc. except exercise books and plain sheets of papers inside the library.
5. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance of the library for the reader to keep their belonging.
6. On leaving the Library, all users are required to produce books and items taken out of the library for inspection.
7. Reservation of seat is not permitted.
8. The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises, if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
9. The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
10. Library card will be issued to all the students of AIMT by the Librarian. If the Library borrower’s Card is lost, the student must inform the librarian immediately.
11. A student with a membership Library card is entitle to draw books from the Library and is responsible for the books so taken.
12. Strict discipline has to be maintained and silence to be observed in the library.
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Failure to observe the rules can lead to disqualification.