· Mrs. Monalisa Saikia Borah (Coordinator)
· Mrs. Pallavi Guha
· Dr. Rupa Rani Sonowal
· Mr. Nanda Ram Saud
· Ms. Debaleena kashyap
‘You are a child of god. You playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you’
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit.
The students approach the cell to voice their grievances and complaints related with ragging or
sexual harassment. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment.
Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in
consultation with the officer in-charge Students' Grievance Cell. In case the person the unwilling
to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/suggestion box of the
Grievance Cell at Block A.
The objective of the Grievance Cell and anti-ragging cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the students community in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
The Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
1. Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
2. Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems without any fear of being victimized.
3. Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
4. Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Student against other Students, teachers and College administration
5. Advising all staff to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason
6. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution.Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
7. To conduct opinion surveys to encourage suggestions from the students in the form of regular classroom feedbacks in order to have a congenial academic environment.
The cell will deal with Grievances and ragging complaints received in writing from the students about any of the matters relating to academic matters, financial Matters and other matters
1. The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances and ragging complaints from the students
2. The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
3. The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to, and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
1. The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing or verbal manner to the HOD of the respective Departments through the mentors.
2. The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in Block A and drop it in boxes that will be collected by the Student's Grievance Cell.
3. The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
4. The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Conduct of Discipline for the Students
1) Each student shall conduct himself/herself, both within and outside the campus of the institute in a manner befitting a student of a prestigious institute. Each student shall show due respect and courtesy to the teachers, administrators, staff of the institute and to the visitors and resident to the institute and good neighborly behavior to fellow student.
2) Lack of courtesy and decorum; unbecoming conduct within and outside the institute; willfull damage to institute property, removal of any property belonging to the institute, fellow students or other personal and residents of the institute; disturbing fellow student in their studies; breach of rules and regulations of the institute; adoption of unfair practices in tests, quizzes, assignments or examinations; noisy and unruly behavior shall constitute violation of the code of conduct.
3) To be polite and civil and to respect the principal, the tutors/lecturers and the personnel of the college in general.
4) To show self-respect, responsibility and respect for the personality of other students irrespective of gender.
5) To respect and appreciate the premises and property of the college.
6) Not to provoke or harass in any way their fellow students and in general not to endanger the lives of the bodily integrity of the lecturers or their fellow students with their actions.
7) The extreme punishment of termination of the academic programme of a defaulting student will normaly be referred to the president for final decision.
8) A defaulting student who is aggrieved with the punishment awarded may prefer an appeal to the chairman of the institute stating the reason as to why the punishment should not be awarded. The governing body shall prescribe the procedure to process such appeal.
9) The student who has been found guilty of some major offence may not be recommended by the senate the board for the award of degree even if all academic requirements have been satisfactorily completed.
10)The management and the teaching and administrative personnel of the college embrace all the students with love and affection and in all their actions they are guided by the good interest, the progress and well being of the college students.
11)Ragging, smoking, drinking, chewing of pan, gutkha etc. and use of cell phone are strictly prohibited in the college and hostel premises.
12)Student must keep their identity cards always with them and show the same on demand by any faculty/official and security of the institute. Any student found smoking or under the influence of intoxication of alcohol/drugs in the institute or in the hostel is liable to strict disciplinary action which may be up to expulsion from the institute.
13)Perfect silence must be maintained during class hours and college funtions.
14)Loud talking, loitering or congregating, being a source of distraction and annoyance to others is not permitted.
15)Use of cell phone would entail confiscation of the handset. It would be returned only after payment of a fine of Rs. 500/.
16)Students will not operate any machinery/ equipment without the permission of the instructor.
17)No responsibility will be accepted by the institute for any injury, loss or damage to the personnel articles of student.
18)The students at the institute require attention and diligence. A student neglecting his/her studies and having unsatisfactory progress will be given two warnings after which if he/ she fails to improve, he/she will be liable for expulsion from the college.
19)It is compulsory for the student to attend funtions/activities organized by the institute on various occasions like Independence day, Republic day, Annual day, etc. whether the function falls on a working day or on holidays. Absence from such functions without valid reasons will invite disciplinary action.
20)Students shall observe all safety precautions. The institute is not responsible for any accident, of whatever natural, in the institute, hostel, workshop, playground and during summer training and industrial training or educational tour/trip.
21)Students are prohibited to take part in ragging, political activity or any activity which is detrimental to the dignity of the institute. Any student found violating the rule or bringing disrepute to the institute will be expelled from the institute.
22)The students will compensate damage to institute/hostel property/furniture caused by neglect or willfull damage. Defacing the walls or instate property will be viewed seriously.
23)Student must make all possible efforts to conserve electricity and water. They must switch of lights and fans when they leave the classroom/hostel room, lab etc. students must help keep the institute neat and clean and also preserve and maintain the campus.
24)To observe self- discipline, cleanliness and punctuality.
25)NOTICE BOARD- All important notices concerning various activities are put on the notice board. Students are required to read the notice board every day. They are also required to note that whenever the college arranges official tours, picnics, ‘a no objection certificate’ from the parents of the students will be taken and teachers will accompany them. A notice of this effect duly signed by the college authority will also be put up on the notice board. In case the student go for hiking/tours/picnics organized by private groups or unofficially on their own, the college will not bear responsibility for any mishap and the students will go at their own risk.
CONDUCT OF RAGGING
1) All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action are vested in the Director.
2) The Director may delegate all or such powers as he deems proper to any of the official of the institute. Each member of the staff has authority to forbid disorderly behavior within the institute.
3) Without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the ordinance, the following shall amount to acts of gross indiscipline:
a) Ragging in any form within premises of the institute, public transport or surrounding of the institute. Please refer to detailed rules regarding prevention of ragging.
b) Physical assault or threat to use physical force against any member of the teaching, non-teaching staff of the institute and against any student within premises of the institute, public transport, surrounding of the institute.
c) Carrying or threats to use of any weapon.
d) Any violations of the provisions of the civil rights protection act 1976.
e) Violation of the status, dignity and honour of any student.
f) Any practice, whether verbal or otherwise, derogatory to women.
g) Any attempt of bribery or corruption in any manner.
h) Willful destruction of the institute property.
i) Creating ill will or intolerance on religious or communal ground.
4) Without prejudice to the generality of his powers relating to the maintenance of disciplines and taking such actions in the interest as may deem to him appropriate, the president may in the exercise of his powers aforesaid , order or direct.
a) That any student or students be expelled.
b) That any student or students be, for a stated period, rusticated.
c) Not allowed to attend a course or courses of study in a department of the institute for a stated period.
d) Be fined.
e) Be debarred from giving a departmental examination or university examination.
f) That the result of the student or students concerned, in the examinations in which he/she appeared be withhold or cancelled.
g) That the student be suspended from the institute till completion of pending enquiry.
5) The institute authorities shall have authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over students as they may find necessary for proper conduct of the institute.
6) Without prejudice to the powers of the president, detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct in class room/ laboratories/institute campus may be supplemented where necessary by heads of the departments. Each students shall be expected to study and follow these rules.
CONDUCT OF ETHOS AND OBLIGATIONS
1) Every college student has certain rights and obligations that are directly connected to their capacity as students and remain in force throughout their studying at the college. Every student has the right to think and act freely within the college campus, provided they do not break the regulations and compiles the recommendation of the competent college authorities. The student should not obstruct the normal functioning of college services, nor take actions that are likely to harm property assets of the college or endanger the bodily integrity of persons within the college premises. The behavior of students must be in accord with the regulations of the college.
2) The information kept in the college records regarding the person of a student are considered confidential and are not made public, save with his/her written consent. The college may provide the ministry of education and culture or other state agencies with general information concerning the students when so requested. Every student is entitled to ask the college for a written attestation of particular information related to his capacity as a student, such as detailed subject grades, study certificate and year of study.
3) Students are obliged to respect academic property and not appropriate par tor the entire intellectual work of others. Such actions as cheating at exam, falsifying and forgoing information or documents, are considered punishable acts and are referred to the disciplinary committee of the college.
4) Upon enrollment at the college every student automatically becomes a member of the college. Students are also entitled to form special student club for the promotion of cultural, athletic or professional purposes. A prerequisite for the setting up of special clubs is the approval of management.
5) No meeting shall be held in the college premises without the permission of the principal.
6) Representation from the students to the principal should be done through class advisor, HOD. Participation in the special students clubs is free for all students. Student clubs function and carry on their activities during the student’s free time.
7) In order for a student of the college to acquire any rights he/she must fulfil all obligations towards the college. The maintenance of the college is wholly dependent on tuition and other fees and dues payable by the student.
8) Students are obliged to pay the tuition fees and dues approved by the governing council of college within the time limits set by the college. Failing to pay the tuition fees in time might deprived the student of the right to sit for exams to have his/her semester or year results communicated to them or to be provided with a study certificate, a diploma or any other certificate by the college, until they fully meet their undertaken responsibility’s regarding the payment of tuition fees and any other specified fees.
9) Tuition fees and paid according to the procedure communicated to every student upon their enrollment at the college.
10)During their studies at the college student must display higher ethos and impeccable behavior in their relations with the administrations, the management, the teaching, the clerical and auxiliary personnel of the college as well as in their relations with their fellow students.
11)A student whose behavior entails lack of respect towards or is offending to any ones personality or is indecent or dishonest or whose conduct towards any member of the staff or other student is utterly socially unacceptable is referred by decision of the management to appear before the disciplinary committee.
12)The principal of the college has the power to inform the student’s family about the student offence and the penalty imposed on the student if he deems that this information will ultimately be beneficial to the improvement of the student’s current and future behavior.
13)In a likely case if the principal hold any reservations about this penalty, he is entitled to send back the decision for review by the tutors, whereby the penalty imposed by them becomes final. A student permanently expelled is not entitled to the refund of any tution fees, dues or other payments which may have advanced to the college.
Regulations for Cleanliness
1) Students should use dustbins for throwing any unwanted material
2) Writing on the walls, furniture, drawing on tables and bathrooms strictly prohibited.
3) Students must handle college property with care.
4) Playing Holi and Celebrating Diwali inside the College premises is strictly prohibited.
5) Smoking and Chewing Pan, Gutkha, Chewing Gum is not permitted in the college campus.
6) Use of mobile phones is not permitted in college premises.
7) Silence must be observed strictly in the college campus.